Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child maintenance variation

• 31-05-2023 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

i have a court order stating I must pay x amount for my children each week, I lost my job about six months ago and I’m struggling to find employment within the industry I had worked within. I’m in the process of upskilling and I’ve applied for lots of jobs to no avail, yet,

anyway, my job seekers benefit isn’t even covering the child maintenance- I’ve taken loans from family and friends to keep it paid and to cover my very basic living expenses but this is no longer a tenable position. Will the courts grant an interim order varying the maintenance? I am hopeful to be back in work within the next few months. Conscious my children still need to eat but I also can’t borrow any more money.

To add, I was also layed off during Covid and gave all of my Covid payment weekly to the mother of my children, I just can’t keep borrowing to pay this maintenance given my circumstance.

tks

Advertisement