Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration to Ireland - policies, challenges, and solutions *Read OP before posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭creeper1

There's a blockade going on in rural Cavan. Again IPAs are being foisted on a small local community.

We've seen before the government force them through in the dead of night when the blockade is poorly manned.

I expect them to behave in a similar underhanded manner here as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Catching early flight.

Saw McEntee and Pascal puffin fags outside Terminal 1 to flashes of Press cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

at least its good to RTE clowning us in real time

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,177 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

McEntee, mother of two very young children, a government minister is a smoker?? Say it ain't so - disgusting habit but hope she isn't poisoning them as well.

Pascal puffing fags as well?? Say it ain't so. My heroes have feet of clay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Probably false fags, but underlying message is that it is safe to smoke outside T1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭kravmaga

If convicted of a criminal offence and in this case it looks like a Section 4 serious assault under the Non Fatal Offences against the persons Act 1997.

So if convicted in the District / Circuit courts, I reckon this case will go to the circuit court , The Minister of Justice can then revoke his residency status in this country. The issue is where to you then deport him to as he cant be deported back to Somalia as its a work torn country/state.

Suspect arrested is of African origin and was here for 10 years in ROI and on social welfare.

Victim was attacked randomly and clearly not know to the suspect. In fairness well done to the Airport Police for being on scene within 90 seconds of the incident reported. This could have been much worse as woman and children present in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Hungry Burger

An Irishman on Newstalk now describing his situation of getting a heart attack, losing his job and is now living in the woods in Wicklow. He can’t get the local authority to put him in emergency accommodation.

Meanwhile, our government is housing the entire world and then some. It’s truly crazy what is happening in our country 👍🏻

It’d make your blood boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The government is considering increased vetting for Leinster House. Pity they didn't do the same with the thousands of people illegally entering the country with no documents, people we have no background on, no one wants to know who or what they are. But sure aren't we all uNveTted isn't that the argument of the open-border cult? This idea seems to have gone down well with some of them, of course, they won't see the irony.

When Irish politicians dump thousands of illegal unvetted male migrants into working-class communities and small towns across Ireland, it's the same politicians who are now considering vetting visitors to Leinster House. They effectively say clearly that they view their safety as more important than those in working-class communities and small towns.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,605 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Refugees and asylum seekers are not placed in emergency accommodation reserved for Irish homeless people : this is complete misinformation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭enricoh

• Advertisement

I never claimed that.

How many 1000s of Asylum Seekers/War Refugees are being accommodated in Ireland? How many Irish homeless do we have?

Misinformation me arse.

How are the two connected? The Irish homeless are not accommodated in direct provision centres : refugees are not housed in hostels and homeless shelters. They are two completely different subjects. The only common denominator is that the Irish government are responsible for both.

I think it’s more about the principle of moving the heavens and the earth to put up strangers with food, board and free pocket money while we have had a homeless crisis in this country for years and seemingly nothing could be done bar the bare minimum.

If you can’t see the injustice in that then there’s no point continuing the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭enricoh

FF councillor with his finger on the pulse! Should be a shoe in for re election!

"I am in touch with local organisations who are working together to make sure these young men are welcomed in our community and I know the vast majority of people will share that feeling," he concluded

But you may as well be linking refugees to the energy bill crisis, or hospital waiting lists or inflation or the strive for net zero or whatever. There is little or no connection between refugees being admitted to the country and the domestic homeless situation - they are not even covered by the same government departments (a lot of people end up homeless, not because of accommodation shortages but because they have run out of money, family difficulties, addictions, ill health, poverty, depression etc....like the gentleman you mentioned above).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,520 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rather interesting US themed immigration video I saw yesterday and the importance of solutions to make things better in the 3rd world rather than taking endless millions out that will never work as a solution...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

The poor chap has the misfortune of being an Irish man in ireland.

He just doesn't reach the threshold of misfortune to attract the attention of do gooders.

Let's hope someone helps him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

There are Non Government Organisations and other agencies whose sole job is dealing with homelessness in Ireland .

But you guys don't trust NGOs to do their work. I have seen numerous posts slating them linking them with " corruption and the government "?

You look it up there now .

If others are " do gooders " what does that make you ?

Nice with the namecalling .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Cordell

Unfortunately the only way to make things better in the 3rd world is that the 1st world to take over, anything else are just illusions and fairy tales. And even so it will take many decades to bring the 3rd world to a living standard that compares with more developed countries like Poland, and they will never match the standards of living from very developed countries. So the only short/medium term solution is to control immigration from the 3rd world.

• Advertisement

I'm sure the last time you quoted me that you accused me in the wrong for abusing a poster.

Which you then refused to apologise for when I pointed that out.

So accusing someone of name-calling is ironic.

What does it make me, im certainly no do gooder as I don't have time time to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭grumpyperson

Would you ever stop. Refugees get housed in accommodation that might go to others. I was in the room with a non national friend on a working visa in dire accommodation straits where the accommodation was already given to refugees and we were told they were sorry.

Emergency accommodation at least for two sets of friends was in hotels. Where do you think refugees get put?

Give it up with the misinformation.

Unbelievable. Terrible news for newbridge. The owners are getting a quick buck. Have to congratulate them on that.

Did this FF councillor ask the local people or is this wishful thinking??

Of course they are welcome. Who would not want one hundred men from all over the world parachuted in?

It has the added benefit of reducing house prices in nearby estates like Liffey hall and Kilbelin. Simply wonderful 👍.

He doesn't know the vast majority of people share that feeling.

I would wager if he went door to door he would run home after a handful of houses.

All men again which is no surprise, you would feel sorry for the women who must be suffering from what all the men flee from.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

It's a total scam. Take a new 400k house stuck between two others. Looks like a council house and interest rates are through the roof. You'd be projected to pay 800k after 35 years. Mortgage is a prison. Yet the refugees are given free houses which the house owners also have to pay for through taxes. You couldn't make it up.

Housing is a complete racket. All smoke and mirrors.. Way too many vested parties involved with solicitors, agents, taxes, construction companies etc involved. The cheap modular homes are perfect solutions but it would expose all the lies that the government pedals and hit them in the pocket.

Plenty of cases where kids have to be driven for an hour and a half to get to school. Students needing to take gap years because they can't find rent near college. Vital healthcare staff and doctors discouraged from taking job offers due to housing shortage.

Total disgrace. The government does not listen to the voice of the people or serve them. This "Democracy" they talk about is an illusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Of course the IT dispatched Miriam Lord who, with ultimate condescension, reported a story based around snippets of conversations with those "incoherent" protesters. Poor depressed Miriam left the scene still at a loss as to why anyone in Ireland might feel aggrieved with our govmt, well it's just a complete mystery! Maybe an IT investigative hack might help Miriam identify some FFG policies that are distressing communities around the country ;-)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/22/migration-eu-diplomat-josep-borrell-ukraine-china

I paraphrase but this guy says Europe paradoxically needs immigration to make up for low birth rates.

Let's not even consider how AI is going to devastate the work force in the future.

If the only criteria you have is the ability to work a good sob story like this Angolan then all you will get for your tax money is someone stabbing you to death. No they are NOT going to be working in the health service. They are going to be USING the health service.

He is an Irish citizen apparently as well. They must be handing that out like candy.

Still I guess that means there'll be no deporting him.

Absolutely scandalous.

I lived abroad in a foreign country for years and didn’t talk to any natives bar the odd time I needed to go to the bank, get my car fixed etc. My entire social circle was Irish expats such as myself. There are the exceptions of course, but most people stick to their own. It’s just human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭Cordell

Well as you said it you were expats and not immigrants, that is you had no intention to stay there forever and build a new life in that country.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Posts deleted

No discussion of anything before the Courts allowed on this site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement