Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuba Visa

Options
  • 01-06-2023 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking into visiting Cuba in November via Miami.

It looks like tourism isn't allowed at the moment!

Has anyone been there recently on a holiday?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I'd fly from Europe to avoid connecting in the US (unless that's your location). Plenty of flights from Paris, Madrid, Lisbon, Munich etc.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

You may want to check it out further but you may be precluded from the ESTA system for US travel in future if you travel to Cuba. You'll have to make visa appointments at the embassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Currently in Cuba, flew via Toronto so not sure about the visa from America.

Have met multiple Americans here all who flew direct from the US so shouldn’t be a problem.

I don’t think the ESTA thing applies to Cuba. Only countries like Iran, Somalia, Afghanistan..

Edit - I think they travel,on the premise of supporting the Cuban people

Looks like you are ineligible for future ESTA use if you travel to Cuba. Something to keep in mind anyway in case it would cause you bother down the line if you travel to the US regularly.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/cuba/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

How does Cuba’s designation as a State Sponsor of Terrorism impact my travel to the United States using my approved ESTA?

If a traveler is found to have visited a country designated as State Sponsor of Terrorism, the traveler is no longer eligible to participate in the Visa Waiver Program and must apply for a visa to enter the United States.

It's listed alright and covers anyone traveling since it was redesignated a state sponsor in Jan 21

• Advertisement

Sorry didn’t know that - to be honest hadn’t done too much research into it as I am no longer eligible for an ESTA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Well f-ck it anyways. I was in Cuba in 2009 and the USA in 2019, I was able to get an ESTA that time. Does this mean I’m now ineligible and have to go the embassy if I want to go to America again?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Was in Cuba in 2019 and only got a new ESTA and was in the states last year. Had no issues with it.

Flew through france in 2019 but most Americans there just put their travel as charity work.

You do need to get a visa for travel from the Cuban embassy (think they're still on Pearse Street)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

It only affects those traveling to Cuba since jan 2021.

Air Canada provide a tourist card on their flights do need for visa when flying with them

• Advertisement

Sorry, I have no idea. I've never had to apply for a visa. Just got the ESTA any time I went over.

Advertisement