Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 47 - Unfinished House

Options
  • 01-06-2023 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi

We are looking to buy a house that's unfinished, no services but built to the roof. Its going for a great price because there is a section 47 attached. On the planning it says use is restricted to the applicant or to other persons primarily employed or engaged in agriculture in the vicinity or to other such class of persons as the Planning Authority may agree to in writing for ten years duration from the commencement of the development. I downloaded the folio and there is no burden on it.

How do we even apply to the council to ask for this to be transferred to us and would we be in with a better shot because it is partially completed? We both live with our parents around 12/13 km away from the house, our town is a level 5 and this house falls under a level 8 small village, I work in the town I'm from. I'm afraid they will tell us we don't have ties to the small village and I will be further away from work but the housing market in our town is so grim, there's nothing for us. No issues with the mortgage, we've already gotten the go ahead for this property. I have called the council but first I was told we would need full planning again and the second time the same person told us to put in the form for supplementary information. I'm hesitant now because I was told two completely different things by the same person on the phone. Who could I turn to to help sort this?

Any help or advice is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Different planning authorities have different requirements to satisfy their rural housing policies so you really need to get good advice from a local planning consultant / architect / technician who have a good knowledge of the content of your council's development plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Laura99

Its wicklow co co. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any real life advice. Seems to be a bit of a minefield

Advertisement