Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with seatpost adjustment?

Options
  • 02-06-2023 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm wondering if someone could help me figure this out..

have a titanium 2 bolt inline seatpost (sonder ingot) on a gravel bike (sonder camino) and recently bought a selle smp drakon but I can't adjust the saddle angle to where it's comfortable to me.

With the rear bolt fully clamped down and the front tight the saddle is nose down about 5° but I find it more comfortable when it's level. When it's level I can't tighten the rear any more and the front bolt is not fully tight and the saddle slides backwards over time.

It's there any solution to this short of buying a new seatpost or saddle? I'd rather not as both were quite expensive and I do find the saddle very comfortable when it's at the right angle.

My old saddle was nearly maxed out on the rear bolt but the selle smp has angled rails.

I've tried wrapping the rails where the front clamps with electrical tape, didn't work, it just bites into it and sides anyway. I've tried an old innertube but the clamping force just squashes it and I end up nose down again, besides I worry that introducing extra material to the rails will compromise the clamp integrity.

I know a lot of people find the selle smp saddles more comfortable a little nose down but this is a gravel bike so a little more of an upright position. Level feels right to me, and I feel like I'm sliding into the dip when it's nosed down. I've read that the selle smp forces a different body position is it possible I'll get used to it?

So to summarise, my seatpost's doesn't seem to allow (unless I'm missing something) me to have my saddle level as the rear the clamp is fully together before the front is tight and I'm trying to figure out if there is any way to fix this or if I need a new seatpost ..or should I try to get used to it

Apologies for the novel and thanks in advance.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

I don’t know that seatpost but is it possible to reverse the clamp bracket and would it make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

if you fit a shim between the rail and the clamp, try something solid instead of tape. Use scissors to cut up an old coke can and try that. You can add as much as you need - just beware of sharp edges while you're using it

Advertisement