Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building in place on Apple and Google Maps???

Options
  • 03-06-2023 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭

Apple Maps and Google Maps are both showing a building in the wrong location.

I assume that this means that the problem isn’t with the apps but with the GPS for the building.

A a week ago the map apps were showing the building a couple of hundred metres northeast of were it shows it today.

So what might cause the problem? Every other building and landmark in the area seems to be in the right place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Is it a business with a website? If it is, the address may not be correctly given (or is too vague) on the website. A correct Eircode on the website should fix it but it may take months for the Apple & Google Maps websites to pick up the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

It is business. Where I work.

I didn’t explain it properly though - the location was correct a few weeks ago and drifted to other locations before settling where it is now.

It has happened before and was corrected very soon after someone reported it.

No one seems interested in fixing but I’m just curious how it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Does the business have a website which states the exact address?

Advertisement