Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Service Increment

Options
  • 03-06-2023 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭

In order to get the long service increment, does one have to be on top of the scale for 10 years ? And have 35 years of service? See details from TUI website.

Other Allowances

(i) Teaching through Irish€1,785(ii) Gaeltacht Grant€3,455(iii) Island Allowance€2,078(iv) Diploma for Special Education€2,749(v) Special Allowances payable to teachers appointed before 1/1/1987 in Comprehensive Schools€2,788(vi) Allowance for teachers with 35 years service (long service allowance - payable after 10 years completed on the maximum point of the salary scale)€2,621

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Yes. Effectively if you have the 'textbook' service, i.e. going in at 22, on point 3 of the old scale, you would be 33 years teaching when you are eligible for it, so 55ish. As the years of service count two years of third level as point 1 and 2 on the old scale, and there are 25 points, plus 10 years at the top, it's 35 years of service, but 33 years teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I think they should do this mid salary to hold on to staff. Most with 35 years service are going very shortly anyway so there's no real need to entice them to stay. If you did it after 15 years, when some teachers get a wobble, it might retain staff.

Advertisement