Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access Munster

Options
  • 03-06-2023 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This year Munster launched a new service where fans can subscribe to behind the scenes footage and interviews with Munster players and coaches.

What a brilliant decision that was. I think it played a key role in building relationships between the players, coaches and supporters.

Any Munster fans who haven't seen it can get all the content for a 4 euro investment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I hope they do a big special edition, putting all the "inside hpc" and matchday videos, etc, together in chronological order over the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

That's the main thing they're missing, proper categories and filters. And remembering what videos have already been watched, But those are simple fixes

The content matters and it's outstanding value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

I was slow to join it, a mini protest 🤣 as I felt MRSC members should get it free.

Anyway, when renewing my MRSC membership I bit the bullet and joined and glad I did.

More so now with how the season ended and winning the URC and the homecoming.

One thing I like is Rowntree could in the clips, he repeats it every so often and he said it way back at the start of the season in that interview with Matt Cooper, belief, be annoyed if you're not picked and how he likes to ensure that players are ok with themselves. He seems to be a people's person as well as being a head coach.

Rowntree is leading from the front and he's dragging his senior players with him

It's a team effort

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

I dont see why. MRSC get plenty for their membership already and this is an extra. The pro game is an expensive product and this is an excellent way to help bring in extra income. Good content doesn’t come cheap, so charging for it is not unreasonable

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I'd be curious as to how much extra income it brings in.

By all accounts it is a wonderful product and I don't doubt that, but you'd have to question whether it would be better served as a source of engagement with potential new fans/casual fans rather than just creaming some money off die-hard fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

this is my minor problem with it. lots of other teams etc, produce similar content for free

see above, members are already contributing so i font think its unreasonable to give it to them for free and charge non-members

• Completely agree.

I don't think many (if any) clubs are producing the quality and quantity of content free-of-charge that Access Munster has provided in 2022/2023. Since its launch in September there has been 18 x Inside the HPC videos, 12 x Away Days videos, 21 x Spotlight on: videos, 3 x The Hot Seat videos, 15 x Matchday Insider videos and a couple of written articles. Approx 70 videos over the course of a season and I'm sure they have plenty to fill the off-season also.

The MRSC fee is €55 iirc. For that you get access to the MRSC bar, 25% discount on season tickets (in my case it saves me €100 or so on buying a season ticket through a club etc.), two free junior tickets to all URC home games (except Leinster), 10% Lifestyle Sports discount and a couple of other perks. In fairness, MRSC members are getting plenty for their €55.

They offer a 25% discount for Access Munster annual subscription also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭ulsteru20s

I think munster could easily get 25k subscribers if they are consistently successful and the content is good. They are the biggest brand in irish rugby still i think and there are a ALOT of expats around the world who prob want to feel connected to the team.

25k subs would be 1.2m a year. It would be worth it at way less than that.

It would take a few years but doable i think.

I think one thing they could do is repackage some of it at the end of each year in a separate documentary.

• Advertisement

Another brilliant episode uploaded recently, covers the days before the final, the final few seconds of the game, arriving back to their hotel and finally the homecoming. God it really was terrific atmosphere at the homecoming.

yeah. definately worth watching

bodes well for the off season

I watched the most recent episode, the build up to and following the Toulon Game, I know it's edited but the first player to speak before the game was Crowley. He's never played Toulon, yet to listen to him, you'd think he was seasoned pro. I've said it before and say it again, he's a natural leader.

Beirne talks before and after the game but it's POM who talks in the team huddle at halftime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Wrong thread

Post edited by ShatterProof on

Advertisement