Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTD: 60-80mm rim brake carbon clinchers

• 04-06-2023 8:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭

Looking for a pair of 60-80mm carbon clinchers, or even a rear disc, for a tt bike. Budget flexible depending on wheels but ideally about 800e for the pair.

Might consider tubs if the price is right.

Anyone got anything in the attic they might part with?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭koutoubia

2 60mm sets of tubs that I have I could let go for a song.

Both on Powerway hubs.

One set was rubuilt with sapim Cxray spokes by lbs as the spokes were crap.

These have Gatorskin 25mm tubs with 1500kms I use these for commuting so the tyres wouldnt be in the best shape but are fine.

Campag freehub.

Plenty of miles on the rims so probably be perfect for low mileage TT.

Nice and fast on the flat but always found the rear draggy on any kind of drag.

€150

The other set are much better but was going to get them rebuilt as well.

Shimano freehub with Veloflex Aranberg tubs.

The rear hub is different then the first set. They are the red hubs with a carbon shell.

I havent ridden these in a while and dont know the mileage on the tyres but are low.

I think there is an 11speed cassette on them but would need to check.

€200 with no cassette

€230 if there is a casette on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭comete

Strong start thanks @koutoubia will hold out a bit longer on clinchers before committing to anything, and thanks for prompting me - looking for shimano/sram freehub!

Post edited by comete on

Advertisement