Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Holland duradisc mowers

• 04-06-2023 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Anyone have an experience of these? I think our one isn’t really functioning as it should. Mower dying in heavy crop even at slow speed today, even only driving at 5-6kmph. Had to stop and reverse a few times to recut patches. Tried tightening the belts to only slight effect. Definitely sounds like the belts are slipping, the tractor revs never falter. Has anyone else had an issue like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭stanflt

They are jf mover- not suitable for Irish conditions- really poor mowers that leave a very poor cut compared to the likes of a Kuhn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

Agree with what Stan has said. They're not a premium quality mower. How old is it and how has it performed up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I bought one new , on its 4th season ,only issue is the swarther dosent trow the swart enough in , bit I must adjust that, finishing row is it's narrower that the cutting width the bar in front of frame can gather silage but it's about getting used if it, I cut 12+ km no real issue tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

3 years old. Was better last year but crops were lighter. Still had the issue of dying down and having to reverse and start again but not as often. Maybe 1-2x per field and mowed in a higher gear. Happening very frequently this year

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Might be something wrong with the set up it sounds like so. Seems to get caught today at all speeds. Slowing down 3-4 gears from usual it was still dying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭1373

Not much use to you now but if you ever trade in , buy something that's not belt driven. Though I have a neighbour with a malone belt mower and he cuts all sorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

It depends. I had a Vicon for 13 years and the belts were never touched in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

You say that you have tightened the belts. From what you are describing it sounds to me that the belts are still slipping. You probably need a new set of belts. They may have been slightly loose to start with (which caused the original slipping) and now have been worn down and stretched with the constant slipping. Take off the belt guard and have a good luck. Twisted belts or 1 thrown off indicates issues. You need to replace the full set together. When the belts are tight you shouldnt be able to move them up or down more than an inch in the middle of the span between the 2 pully wheels.

Brand new belts need tightening after very short time, u will know when u take off the cover if there is black dust inside cover

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

I like belts on a mower in our country because every field is like a box of chocolates...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭148multi

There's a spray you can get for the pulley, something like belt grip if belts keep slipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

By any chance are they designed to run at 1000rpm?

Would you have the tractor in 540?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A neighbour asked me to mow a few fields once, using his tractor and mower.

I struggled away for about 3 acres, grass dragging, not cutting etc.

Tractor owner came to field, scratched his head, reached into the cab and switched it to 1000 rpm..

Advertisement