Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sale - potential planning hiccups.

Options
  • 04-06-2023 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

EDIT: Please move to accom and property if unsuitable!

Hi all,

I have just one sale agreed on a rural house around Sligo. All is good bar two things. I have not gone to my solicitor yet as this is all very new.

i) The site on the original planning app is 2 acres but in actuality its .95 on land direct (And whats on Daft).

ii) There is a sliver of land to the right of the site that is actually part of the garden. This is not reflected on land direct and is roughly .2 acres. The estate agent has told me a rectification or something is ongoing and this "should not be an issue with the sale" but it can take like a year.

I am just worried both of these points would be major showstoppers OR significantly slow the sale. If that is the case I perhaps would just walk away first.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Talk to your solicitor, there's no reason a rectification of boundary should hold up a sale unless it's a complicated rectification involving a probate or a dispute of ownership, your solicitor should iron this one out in short form.

Advertisement