Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof profile.

Options
  • 05-06-2023 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I have planning to re pitch a roof on a detatched bungalow to create upstairs living space.

One sectional drawing shows a 40 degree roof sloping down onto a small flat roof area on the garage.

I now regret having accepted this design and was thinking of of having a 37 degree slope which would finish at the back wall of the garage

and do away with the flat roof.

Would it be accecptable to submit a simple sketch to the planning dept ?

In my mind, its a very small alteration that does'nt justify employing an archetect again.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,127 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In my experience a lot depends on the local authority involved and indeed the individual planner. My local planning dept have a facility whereby they will give a written reply to a small revised proposal where they consider it to be "de minimus" thus avoiding the need to apply for planning permission. However most planning authorities don't operate that way.

The most important thing is to ensure the overall height of the roof isn't being increased. Give your local planner a call and see how they feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭hydrus21

Thanks for you reply.

I will make the call

Advertisement