Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER assessment requirements

• 05-06-2023 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

I will be getting a BER assessment shortly for a recently refurbished house. The works included rewiring, removal of ceilings, internal wall plaster, removal of chimney, insulation throughout with air-tight membranes. Installing triple-glazed windows & doors and an underfloor heating system etc. Is it of any benefit to provide photos of the works and the contract, as well as an electrical cert to the assessor? TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭dockysher

BER assessor, will be happy with any photos and extra information you have for evidence needed. They certainly will be looking for invoice on work complete on insulation etc, certs will be needed on doors/windows showing their u-value and testing standards used to achieve this u-value from manufacturer.

electrical cert will not be a requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks Dockysher for the prompt reply. I don't have certs for the windows/ doors showing u-values as they were installed by a reputable company. I assumed that the supply and installation of triple-glazing should meet a given standard. In any case I will contact the company for same. Thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

All the info you need is here

https://www.seai.ie/home-energy/building-energy-rating-ber/get-a-ber-assessment/

• Subscribers Posts: 41,915 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Where you don't have documentary evidence, there default that the assessor has to use will always be worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭dockysher

Yes as stated in last post the default values will be used when no certs provided, these will be much worse than new triple glaze windows and doors u-values from a reputable company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement