Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Watch your Electric Ireland Bill if you see a note 'correction from previous bill'

Options
  • 06-06-2023 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Night storage heating.

I just checked my Jan Bill which had an estimated reading on it.

The new May bill has a new 'previous estimated' reading.

Jan bill current estimated reading Day 2860 night 2339

May bill previous estimated reading day day 3186 Night 1881

So day 2860-3186 = 326 x.04241=138.26

Night 2339-1881=(518)x0.2092=(108.36)

Total €29.89

There is a note saying correction from previous reading 07/01/2023-07/03/23 with a charge of €40.73

Overcharge of €10.84

Just onto the customer service and they spoke to the manager who said it was computer generated.

Their response was it was the computer that created the figure. No mention of refund or if they are checking the overcharging of the bill. Made a complaint so waiting a refund.

Please check your bills.

Post edited by tvjunki on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I had similar, email said it would be posted as credit on my next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

They said that they would look into it. How many other people have been over charged?? You should not have to check every invoice they send.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,037 ✭✭✭✭muffler

After I left EI about 5 years ago I got my final bill and the breakdown was crazy with various amounts for various rates as I was out of contract at that point. But at the bottom of the list of charges was 50 Euro for early termination! They did refund it after I contacted them but it makes you wonder how many people in similar circumstances just paid without going through the bill in detail.

Advertisement