Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android App update constantly looping back to update

• 06-06-2023 12:12pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, who quality assured your latest release? They need to be moved on to a less stressful and important position urgently. My phone updated this morning, and as a result, every page change I make, it goes back into update, and effectively reprocesses the loading procedure. That's utterly annoying, frustrating, and shows the appalling quality of the testing that's done before a release, this should NEVER have seen the light of day with this fundamental a bug in it. NOT impressed, not one little tiny bit, all we've seen in recent 'updates' has been a reduction in the services available, like the removal of being able to top up mobile phones, the inability to print statements from the mobile app, no way to get usable transaction lists as an input to an accounts package, and now, unstable and flawed updates. By the look of it, the problem is relatively simple to resolve, I've closed the app, and restarted my phone, and it now will move around the app correctly, but this sort of bug should not have been able to escape into the wild, it should have been caught during testing, they either needed to tell the user to restart the app, or force a restart that made sure that the relevant 'update' flag got reset, and missing something that basic does not inspire confidence.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie.

I am sorry to hear about this, and glad that you have been able to resolve this.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us here and will be sure to pass it along to the relevant team.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement