Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Sheets for HR Management

Options
  • 07-06-2023 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

We keep employees' data in separate Excel files and I would like to create one master Google sheet to include all the data. Now, I want to keep these Excel sheets, we use them for annual performance reviews. My question is, is there a way for changes in Excel to reflect in Google sheet automatically, can I connect them to avoid building the database manually (copy from each Excel sheet and do the later updates manually too)? Please tell me there is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭noahungry

I don't know how many employees we're talking about, but regardless, of course, you want to avoid copy-pasting all the time. To answer your question - you can sync excel to google sheets, and even set flow direction. For example, you set the 1-way flow to google sheets, and that means if you add a new row in excel - it creates an identical one in the google sheet but not the other way around. Or you can use rules to filter out the rows you want to exclude from syncing. You'll figure out exactly how you want to set it once you understand how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Sending tons of thank yous to both of you! Your recommendations are exactly what I hoped I'll find! I've been dreading how someone from the team could forget to update the Google sheet and the mess that might follow at the end of the year (or month). Having a safety net there is a real blessing!

Advertisement