Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Unchained (Netflix)

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The Ronde Treasures documentaries on YouTube are probably the best.

It's basically the whole race from the point of view of some of the team car cameras. They did it for about 5 or 6 editions of the Tour of Flanders.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A huge amount of the interviews were way before and way after the tour, that's why I felt bad for the likes of Ben where they sliced in answers and situations that were not completely related to make him seem immature. Good TV, not great documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

If you haven't watched it, check out the Movistar series (The Least Expected Day) on Netflix and the Quickstep one on Amazon (can't remember the name of it - Wolfpack or something?) - both better productions than the TDF series albeit with a more limited scope/ viewpoint.

The Wolfpack one is particularly good (though I had to go digging for it fairly precisely on Prime - the algorithm really wasn't playing ball). I came away from it liking Remco which I hadn't expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭casion3

+1 on these. Biased as I prefer the 1 days races to Grand tour but they are a real insight in to the tactics and stress of a big races.

Fantastic viewing. Pity they didn't keep doing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,685 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Because there are 4 or 5 you can watch them like episodes and with recurring characters you start to like or not.

I remember really enjoying the Lotto-Soudal (dstny) guys in particular.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Ef education have some videos up too. Lachlon Morton doing the tour divide.

There's a really good one about the transcontinental on netflix too

Advertisement