Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 16

Options
  • 08-06-2023 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭

Didn't realise it was back and watched the first 2 episodes on my IPTV server this evening. First one I thought was really strong in comparison to the last few seasons. Second one wasn't as strong but there were a few laughs to be had. The last season was the poorest so far so hopefully this one continues on as its started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

The first one was proper Sunny, excellent episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Anyone else get motion sickness from the camera in the first episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

didn't know it was back, brilliant news.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any word when it'll be on Netflix?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

S16 will be on Disney+ don’t know release date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The big reveals in Charlies apartment were impressive for the fact I never actually queried it myself due to being distracted by the other squalor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Another strong episode with a host of recurring faces. It's much better when just siloed rather than episodic.

Episode 4 was absolutely cracking, probably the best episode in 3 or 4 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

havent watched new season yet, but the last one, set in (fake) ireland was terrible and im a massive fan of the show, even some of the other perceived weak seasons ive enjoyed, but the ireland one was just plain bad, glad to read that the new one has improved

Of the 4 episodes so far not one has been a dud, agreed on the Ireland one, it was atrocious.

• Advertisement

Number 5 was another enjoyable one with some cool cameos in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I rewatched recent seasons in the run up to S16 and the Ireland episodes are a grower I think. On the first watch, the accents, twee setups, and weird COVID angle all grated, but it held up on second viewing more than I thought it would... with the exception of the impromptu song in the pub with Charlie and his Dad. That's just 100% cringe.

The new season is probably on par with Season 13/14 levels, rebounding from a weak Season 15. Episode 4 was a return to the peak form of earlier seasons. Episode 5 then though relied too much on the cameos to carry it. Bryan Cranston was great, and Charlie's Nickle drink was classic Charlie, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Latest episode fell flat... up there with the worst the show has put out. The opening in the car and the sign-in bit had me hopeful, but the entire episode was a chore, the setup didn't work IMO.

It has ran its course at this stage. It happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

I feel the same way. I love it to bits dunno how many times I've watched all the series. Feels to me like they know it and are going all out with a bang. C'mon Frank playing chess with vibrating anal beads 😂. Its probably time to put it to bed but goddamn I'll miss it when they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It was a fairly poor season overall I thought apart from the bowling episode. I do think the show has run it course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Maybe I've been going too hard on the fight milk, but this has been one of my favourite seasons in years, they spent the seasons since Dennis "left" fleshing out the characters, and now they're essentially rebooting earlier scenarios but with the characters fully aware that they are garbage people and leaning into it, I'm absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭JeffreyEpspeen

The turd merger episode was a work of art.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,697 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Never knew they did blooper reels

• Advertisement
Advertisement