Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to get .

Options
  • 09-06-2023 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately I need to get a console to play on as I’m basically stuck in the house . I had a play station years ago , but what would gamers recommend now and what games.

sorry if this is a a wrong thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any suggestions as to what you used to play or what you think you might want to play?

I'm in camp Sony, so I'll always recommend a PS5 as for me it has better single player games and the DualSense is amazing. But if brands don't matter and you're more into online gaming, it's hard to not recommend the Series X with that Gamepass Ultimate upgrade deal. I find both subscription services to offer a similar value. Both platforms have some good exclusives.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ll be playing solo games . I loved fighting games ( tekon ? ) and F1 games. Not so much fifa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

If you like solo games and fighting games I'd recommend a PS5. One of the best single player games out there which is heavy on sword fighting is Ghost of Tsushima - it's included along with hundreds of other games on a €13.99 per month subscription. That subscription also includes Tekken 7 which is the latest version of that series and Street Fighter 5, though has now been superseded by Street Fighter 6 which you'd need to buy if you want the latest and greatest.

A lot of the very best single player games from the last few years are exclusive to Playstation, from God of War to Spiderman to Uncharted to Horizon Forbidden West - many of which are included in the subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Can you buy these games rather than a subscription ? I’ve enough bills per month . I think I’ll go for the disc PS5

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Nintendo Switch - Mario Odyssey + BOTW. Smash for fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

You can pay by the year either. On PS5 it's €120/100 for the top two tiers Premium or Extra. Premium is on sale at least once a year, maybe twice. I wouldn't recommend Essential subscription as you don't get the same library of games.

Seriously, it pays for itself in terms of the games you get for 'free'. Paying annually is the cheapest way. You could buy a PS5/Xbox and subscribe to Plus or Gamepass and you wouldn't need to buy any games as you'd have plenty to try with lots of good ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭quokula

You can but as others have said, you get hundreds of games and the annual subscription costs about as much as it would cost to buy 2 new games. You can of course buy games for cheaper if you look for sales and not all games are in the subscription so it depends what you want really.

Advertisement