Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking causes coughing

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s very funny. I’ve only gotten into Dupieux’s films recently but they’re right along my sense of humour: just absurdist nonsense delivered with an endearingly straight face.

This one does come with the caveat that it’s basically an anthology film, with a bunch of wacky short stories told within the overarching framework of a preposterous tokusatsu superhero parody. It might be a bit hit and miss for some as a result. I think the wonderful Mandibles - about two idiots who steal a giant fly - might be a better starting point for anyone who hasn’t seen a Dupieux film as that tells a more consistent story while still being completely, delightfully absurd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

oh, he's the guy responsible for 'rubber'? that's a brilliant movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

This made my day! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

I wouldn't generally be a fan of absurdist comedy but I really liked this - I loved how unpredictable the stories were and how off-the-wall some of the ideas were.

Advertisement