Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circular 08 2019 pay for public servant taking up EO post open competition.

Options
  • 09-06-2023 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hope someone has recent experience of this issue. I have been offered a post as EO in one of the larger government departments. They offered me a contract as the first point of the EO scale. They said once I am employed by them, I could apply for incremental credit but expressed the view that my current work is not an analogues grade. Seems irrational way of doing business. Does anyone know how 'analogous grade' is interpreted in the civil service. Does anyone have a copy of the main duties of an EO, Personnel will not give me that.

I have read the Circular maybe too many times. Am I right that the person joining the civil servant must be going up a grade from say CO to EO to avail of the terms of the circular. In other words, someone at EO level in public sector coming into civil service at EO (open competition) can't avail of the pay arrangements?

I have read some post here already but am interested in the current situation.

Thanks for reading this.

Post edited by Spear on

Advertisement