Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks Gift Voucher

• 10-06-2023 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭

Hi. Not an issue but a question. I want to buy a Starbucks Gift Voucher for a friend who is travelling to the States shortly. Will the voucher definitely be accepted in Starbucks locations in the States? Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

I'm sure it would state that in the t&c's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Very unlikely. You’re buying a voucher in euros and expect it to work for purchases in dollars?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Lucan123

If they are a true friend, you should get dollars (ie. cold had cash) and print off some hand made voucher saying something like "Universal coffee and cake voucher that can be used in any coffee shop in the USA. Expiry date: none"

If they are a frenemy, then by all means burden them with a voucher that will be hassle to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

No.

Starbucks here is a franchise operated by the same people that have the multiplex cinemas.

Also voucher here would be in Euro

But you can buy online as an egift card

https://www.starbucks.com/gift

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I emailed Starbucks customer service and this is the reply I got:

'Thank yiu for taking the time to contact Starbucks Ireland. Irish Starbucks gift card in Euro currency can be used in the US but will not acquire any reward stars and no free drinks can be redeemed. The value of the purchase will be converted from US dollars to Euro depending on the current conversion rate. Alternatively, you can also purchase digital gift card on https://www.starbucks.com/gift/873070522. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joshbaby

okay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭brio09

Advertisement