Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router recommendations

Options
  • 11-06-2023 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi I was using a d link dwr router connected to external antenna, good set up consistent getting 20mb, only need it for browsing, YouTube and Netflix for the kids.

It broke and I'm wondering what router should I replace it with, I've had the d link a few years wondering is there better technology available now, I've seen Huawei B535 on done deal and a more expensive model Huawei B818

Any recommendations what to go for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

D-Link model?

B535 already dated , B818 last one i got from CEX was €99, despite branded three was unlocked. There are 5G capable routers as well(e.g. ZTE MC801A), but it will depend if you have coverage, might be not worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Try a Mikrotik one, they are a bit pricey but you can customise the abolute feck out of them

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭qaz123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

d-link dwr-921 is LTE CAT4, Ethernet 100Mbps (LAN ports) WiFi 802.11n/g/b

B535 is LTE CAT7, Eth 1Gbps, WiFi 802.11n/g/b/ac

B818 is LTE CAT19, Eth 1Gbps, WiFi 802.11n/g/b/ac

ZTE MC801A is LTE CAT22, Eth 1Gbps, WiFi 802.11ax

Advertisement