Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New holland T4. 95 hourmeter query

Options
  • 11-06-2023 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, can above be calibrated? I done slightly less than 10 hours on my T4 yday and it clocked over 12 hours. Mostly slurry but some topping so wasnt highly revved all day...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭DBK1

If it’s a digital dash the revs are irrelevant, it’s counts hours as soon as the engine is ticking over.

Mechanical metres are a bit more complicated but the most common type record the hours at a rated rpm. Say this is 2,000 rpm, then at lower revs than this it counts hours slower than an actual hour in time, above it and hours are counted faster than an actual hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭hopeso

I never heard of the houtmeter being calibrated, but that’s not to say it can’t be done…. If it can be done, it would be a dealers laptop job, so you’re best asking them.

As said, the revs have no bearing on the hours clocked on modern tractors. They’ll clock the same hours ticking over as she will flat out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭emaherx

I doubt there will be any calibration in an hour meter - like the odometer of a car, it wouldn't make sense to allow people to change them easily.

Does the counter show fractions of the hours or just complete hours, perhaps there was an hour almost complete before you started working and you did slightly more work than you thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Itryhard

There are fractions. Illchat the dealer. I appreciate the feedback

Advertisement