Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Gigabit Broadband actual speeds

Options
  • 12-06-2023 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all. 🤟🏻

Im new here. I just installed Virgin Medias 1Gb broadband package. I’m currently only getting 650-720 down. I’m using Google mesh WiFi pro and hub 5 in modem mode. Any ideas on how to get closer to the 1Gb download speeds?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

This has nothing to do with Feedback. Confirm your email address so you can post properly, then I'll move this to a forum that's actually related to the topic instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davefitzdesign

<removed by mod>

Mod: don't post private details in public.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't post your private info like email addresses in public like that, you'll just attract abuse or spambots.

I can see your account is properly activated so I'll move this to the proper place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 davefitzdesign

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Thanatus

So just to give out some information.

A 1gb Ethernet connection will only ever do at most 940 Mbps in real world performance.

While you should have a 2.5Gb port on the hub 5 unless I've missed something your google mesh WiFi only has 1gb Ethernet ports on them so already limited down to 940Mbps max before taking into account lost speed from the mesh network and then to WiFi enabled devices.

Right so a few questions for yourself.

Have you got multiple Google Nest WiFi pro meshed together?

How did you perform the speed test and did you use the google home app?

If you used the Google home app speed test are your Google Nest WiFi pro up to date running software version 1.63.355999 or newer? The update released end of May and it supposedly fixed an issues where the google home app speed test under reported speeds for connections over 500Mbps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement