Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progression to Second Level Teaching - home economics

Options
  • 12-06-2023 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have an hons degree in food science & a masters in European food science, technology and nutrition, completed back in 2005 and 2008 respectively. Roughly 4-5 years of working in the food industry in quality control.

I have always been interested in home economics and after a career break to raise my kids I’m ready to resume my career path.

Could anyone tell me how I could take my degree and masters and progress to becoming a home ec teacher?

I also have a level 5 SNA course completed in the last year.

If no advice available, does anyone know who to turn to to find out what I need to know?

thanks so much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭Treppen

I think you should be grand with your degree, but maybe get it assessed by the teaching council to be sure.

Then if that's all good it's St Angela's in Sligo for 2 years PME

Alternatively do a 4 year BEd in other colleges.. Limerick, and Thurles I think, plus others I don't know about.

Advertisement