Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens of the Stone age

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,731 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Saw the last 2 songs from the Chats. Didn't sound bad tbh

Jesus those upper blocks are hard to navigate while the support bands are on. They need to invest in stair lights of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Garzorico

Top drawer. Hard rock belted out good and proper. Some front man, had the crowd in the palm of his hand and that adds so much to a gig (I’m old). Can’t wait to see them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Holy god. That was fvcking awesome. Finally, I can say I saw QoTSA. That encore was immense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭fluke

Great gig. Josh and band in flying form. Was lucky to get a decent spot in standing and just take everything in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Best encore ever.

• Advertisement

What a gig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

My 17th Queens show, right up there. Meth-free Homme is a hoot. Dublin accent, thanking the little kid, heartfelt tributes to Shane McGowan and Lanegan. Stellar versions of Chemistry/Fade/God is in the Radio both worldies for nerds. Most circles I've seen at a Queens show here. The front of the crowd looked hectic from the balcony.

We didn't get anything that unusual tho. He really tried to keep things upbeat and Straightjacket wouldn't have worked at all. I've not seen them play since 2018. This is like a new man. He was carrying some bad bad vibes that summer. Tonight he was his gorgeous brilliant best. Epic night folks.

The Last Great Rockband.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

this ☝🏼 last line, “the last great rock band” that’s exactly the feeling I got sadly. Maybe I need to look harder?

Us Kerrang era lads are the oldies now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Jaffa3000

Complete lack of rock bands from the 2010s who are in any way big. Still a good few 2000s bands knocking about on the same level though, Arctics, MCR, Muse, Foo Fighters, etc. depending what you're into.

That said there's plenty of good rock bands from recently, but it isn't great in the same way a band like Queens (or any of the other bands) would be and it remains to be seen whether or not they can get to that level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Pristine. Can’t find fault with a gig like that. Incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,440 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I was disappointed about thr nothing unusual being played, but then they played Chemistry and God, my 2 favourites so can't complain. As you say, very upbeat and they're certainly on fire, he's in a much better place.

"Cos when all the poets are gone you're just left with **** like us" was a lovely line. Certainly wasn't expecting a McGowan shout out.

Really was a cracking gig. Did laugh at the absurdity of Papr Machete sandwiched between Make It, TWYUTD and Little Sister, quite the contrast. Be rare to get a band that can do an encore that damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Raoul

The encore was worth the entrance fee alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Well that was amazing.

hopefully they’ll be back somewhere over here next summer.

agree with the line “last great rock band”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yea look it up man. They’ve helped each other out on a few tracks either side since. For example. Josh vocals on am song knee socks etc and Alex on Qotsa if I had a tail.

all stems I think from Josh producing them for humbug.

Must be odd for the guys to spend thanksgiving on a plane

"This aint goodbye, its only good night..." I'm confident there's a festival appearance in them over the summer.

The persistence of some of the tracks you mention really threw me also! You don't mess with the hits I spose. Sister wouldn't be a fave of mine but the crowd went apey.

Chemistry and God tho. Two of the best performances this band has ever played in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭thebronze14

I'm jealous guys. My favourite band, seen them multiple time but didn't have time off to come from Donegal. Knew ye were in for a treat when I saw the Glastonbury coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sp00k

Well that was sick. Epic performance.

Few reports of stolen phones on reddit which is ****, are thieves purchasing gig tickets now to rob people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

An epic......

What a performance... They are sooooooo tight together...

And how good is it to be able to hear a big fat bass line in the mix !!

Josh was in the groove - although something was kicking in towards the end... 😋

Unreal performance....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭deeks

What a night. Been wanting to see Queens for ages and god they did not disappoint. Amazingly tight. Epic.

Oh another show next summer would be unreal, something like Trinity or Fairview.

On further reflection, for a gig to be that good and pretty much just play the hits shows what an absurd catalogue they have. Thought the crowd was very good (I was right in front of sound desk).

@greenspurs the bass was filthy, thought the mix was very good. Mikey suits the band so much.

Glad I had earplugs in for that drum solo. Kinnell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Caught every Queens gig bar the one in Slane. Looked up to Homme when I was younger, now he sells snake oil to the masses.

Envious of that 2002 Ambo gig. A doozy.

Were you there last night? Homme is a different performer to the "Big I Am" I saw in 2018 threatening security and prowling the stage like a caged animal. Last night was a run through of hits. Tributes to friends and bandmates. The energy release from the crowd I've not seen at a similar show in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dantheman95lbp

Anybody see Queens jamming on the sides during the support acts?

Mate did see Josh during Deep Tan, said he had to slink back a bit cos came out a bit too far.

Another thing that was class was when Josh missed some lyrics, the crowd had him covered. At one of those points, he just allowed the crowd to do next line too, he wanted to soak it in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

What a gig. My sister saw them 20 years ago in Slane and as her "little sister", being able to bring her to this was great.

First time seeing them myself and it was fcking savage.

Went to greta van fleet last week and mother of god what a difference in production.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,752 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

musicians miss everything, especially important family a friend events, its no wonder why many end up truly fcuked up later in life, its a sh1t lifestyle....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 TesterTestingThisTest

They could easily have gone out on a private jet after the concert and could be home in California already.

Advertisement