Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2023-24 UEFA Champions League

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

3-0 now. Wow

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PSG are all over the shop. Great to see them being stuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Everything is going Newcastle's way. More good fortune for their 3rd goal, Donnarumma should have saved that shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Newcastle can now rest lads against PSG, mad stuff not even an hour gone.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

That PSG goal looks just offside. It was a nice move. It's been given.

That Hernandez fella always seems to have a goal in him, for a full back

The high detailed graphic yoke looked close, but correct decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭DAngelo Bailey

Gordon booked for winning the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ooofff that celtic goal is off....

So is the yellow for taking the shirt off rescinded??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Newcastle. Take a bow

What a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Newcastle score 4 against PSG - wow! Who saw that coming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Match Day 2 Results

Group A

FC Copenhagen (DEN) 1 V 2 FC Bayern München (GER)

Manchester United FC (ENG) 2 V 3 Galatasaray A.Ş. (TUR)

Group B

PSV Eindhoven (NED) 2 V 2 Sevilla FC (ESP)

RC Lens (FRA) 2 V 1 Arsenal FC (ENG)

Group C

1. FC Union Berlin (GER) 2 V 3 SC Braga (POR)

SSC Napoli (ITA) 2 V 3 Real Madrid CF (ESP)

Group D

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) 1 V 0 SL Benfica (POR)

FC Salzburg (AUT) 0 V 2 Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP)

Group E

Celtic FC (SCO) 1 V 2 S.S. Lazio (ITA)

Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) 3 V 2 Feyenoord (NED)

Group F

Borussia Dortmund (GER) 0 V 0 AC Milan (ITA)

Newcastle United (ENG) 4 V 1 Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)

Group G

FK Crvena zvezda (SRB) 2 V 2 BSC Young Boys (SUI)

RB Leipzig (GER) 1 V 3 Manchester City FC (ENG)

Group H

FC Porto (POR) 0 V 1 FC Barcelona (ESP)

Royal Antwerp FC (BEL) 2 V 3 FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

The intensity of Newcastle there was incredible ran PSG into the ground and with 2 local lads scoring fairytale stuff.

Milan and Dortmund drawing is even better news for Newcastle.

Yep if Newcastle win their 2 remaining home games it should see them through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think we are seeing the dying embers of PSG as a big club.

Experiment over, with no CL to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

There's not a hope football will end segregation of fans in stadiums, it would be a nightmare. I work in London quite a lot so I use my free time over there to get in any game I can if I can get tickets and have free time on the weekend. Most games in London, the fans are segregated in certain areas actually just getting to the stadium, never mind once they're in it. For whatever reason there's still a nasty, almost deranged attitude among a certain element of football fans. I remember going to an FA cup game between Spurs and Palace a few year back and the seat I had was right at the division between the 2 sets up fans. For 90 mins it was just fans roaring abuse back and forth to each other across the divide, I would say they watched about 10 minutes max of the actual football. It's only a small minority these days, but every club has that element and brain-dead wouldn't even begin to describe these folk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Celtic continue their usual form of putting in a gallant effort in Europe, and coming away with nothing to show for it. Nothing seems to go for them in Europe the last few years, although obviously lack that bit of quality, but still.

Be great to see them progress, and see the Irish people row in behind them. Everyone complains about them now and tries to put them down, but when they get to the business end of Europe, the mask slips and people turn to them, in a way you don't get with any English club, more akin to the national team in a world cup.

I remember their UEFA Cup run in 2003, and the whole country was engrossed. But the best example was when Nakumura scored that free kick against United in Old Trafford.

Was in the pub and everyone in their United jerseys. Celtic threw everything at them, put in a huge effort, and as the game wore on, lads in United jerseys secretly hoping for Celtic to do it, you could feel it. When Nakumura scored that free kick, the place exploded, lads in United jerseys couldn't contain their joy.

People put them down as a "British club" who play in a crap league, makes them feel better about not following them, and trying to break this connection to Ireland. But when Celtic rally, the pull is too strong to ignore. We need one of those seasons where the country rows in behind Celtic, nothing like it!

When the chips are down, everyone is a Celtic fan, and will turn to Celtic over their own premier league team, if they met in the knock out stages of Europe!

I have to say, love what Milan are doing, 6 0-0 draws might see them through, hopefully they go for the win against PSG who are there for the taking.

Their biggest fault last year, was their youth and coming onto Inter, even did it this year in the league, Inter out Milaned Milan. That's the last time they fall for that, or so I hear from my mates in Milan, the word is they'll come out of their box for no one, going to play a harder grind than last year.

Normally you'd think no one should be behind should a negative team, but with the corruption happening and big bankers, everyone should be behind the Milan hard grind.

They'll struggle to get out of the group with their philosophy, but if they make it, everyone is getting suffocated.

In a way it's a shame, a club like Milan are forced to such lows, but ironically, forcing them down to these lows plays into their ideology. Everyone has them written off again, they'll be there or there abouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Still talking rubbish, I see.

Just so other people know not to waste their time with this poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ah in fairness, you made it immensely clear at the time that this was a statement you were making out of your pure belief in Milan. You weren't asking for a counter bet, you were just making big grand declarations and adding stakes to them for yourself.

I doubt anyone really cares about whether you honor it or not, it's a daft thing to be posting regardless what way it turned out, but ya may as well at least own it.

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Match Day 3

Tuesday 24th October

17:45 Kick-offs

Group A

Galatasaray A.Ş. (TUR) V FC Bayern München (GER) - Live on TNT Sports 1

Group D

FC Internazionale Milano (ITA) V FC Salzburg (AUT) - Live on TNT Sports 3

20:00 Kick-offs

Group A

Manchester United FC (ENG) V FC Copenhagen (DEN) - Live on RTE Two / TNT Sports 2

Group B

Sevilla FC (ESP) V Arsenal FC (ENG) - Live on TNT Sports 1

RC Lens (FRA) V PSV Eindhoven (NED) - Live on TNT Sports 7

Group C

SC Braga (POR) V Real Madrid CF (ESP) - Live on TNT Sports 3

1. FC Union Berlin (GER) V SSC Napoli (ITA) - Live on TNT Sports 4

Group D

SL Benfica (POR) V Real Sociedad de Fútbol (ESP) - Live on TNT Sports 6

Wednesday 25th October

17:45 Kick-offs

Group E

Feyenoord (NED) V S.S. Lazio (ITA) - Live on TNT Sports 4

Group H

FC Barcelona (ESP) V FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR) - Live on TNT Sports 1

20:00 Kick-offs

Group E

Celtic FC (SCO) V Club Atlético de Madrid (ESP) - Live on TNT Sports 3

Group F

Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) V AC Milan (ITA) - Live on TNT Sports 4

Newcastle United (ENG) V Borussia Dortmund (GER) - Live on Virgin Media Two / TNT Sports 2

Group G

RB Leipzig (GER) V FK Crvena zvezda (SRB) - Live on TNT Sports 6

BSC Young Boys (SUI) V Manchester City FC (ENG) - Live on TNT Sports 1

Group H

Royal Antwerp FC (BEL) V FC Porto (POR) - Live on TNT Sports 7

Harsh on Copenhagen to concede, who have been the better team overall in this match.

They have been the better side but they're learning a painful lesson that you must take your chances at this level or you'll be punished. It has to be said that Manchester United have been very poor again tonight they're limping by poor side this last couple of weeks the next halfway decent team they play will beat them.

Ridiculous. United have jammed yet another result at the end. Larrson shouldn't have been taking that penalty, but then who had they left to take it. He had a long wait and is so inexperienced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

You must be absolutely GUTTED after that. Delightful.😘😘😘👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭Augme

Fantastic win for United against Copenhagen. You can appreciate why they are celebrating so much. Keeps them in with a chance of making that Europa League spot.

They are the luckiest team in football unreal.

Not as lucky as your club winning the Saudi lotto 😘

United must be so proud of beating Copenhagen by the slenderest of margins. Yet again, they scrape by a team that was knackered at the end and on paper they should be hammering. Beat bottom of the table, 1 point Sheffield United at the weekend, thanks to a wonder strike from a defender.

Exciting times at Man United, coupled with controversial wins against lowly Wolves and Nottingham Forest. Man City must be quaking in their boots for the match this weekend. 😂

As lowly as the club currently are, they are STILL occupying your every thought, they are and forever will be living in your head. 🥰🥰🥰

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Infoseeker1975

A turning point for their keeper and maybe Ajax might get some more money in Jan from Utd assuming Ajax are not in the relegation zone:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jude Bellingham has had an absolutely unreal goalscoring start to his Real Madrid career. Whatever about a forward having the record he does, a midfielder doing it is top class.

He's been absolutely incredible a real joy to watch but he's playing more as a 10 than a midfielder tbf.

• Advertisement

LMAO at that Friday Night Football plug on RTE with garbage music. 2 quality matches to look forward to. Ya right. 🤭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Yikes.

Having watched every minute of my clubs appalling season I wasn't aware that Manchester United have been playing so poorly until I saw these insightful posts.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Get in the bin with that attitude. Irish club football needs support, and RTE showing more matches than usual can only help grow the game here. There is good footballers in the Irish game, and there are good matches, and great atmospheres too.

I know some great guys involved in the league and the amount of work they put it deserves some success, whatever their goals are beit silverware, survival, promotion or even qualifying for Europe. Speaking of which....

I would tell a funny story involving your own name's club in Europe a few years ago but I don't think your post deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭mobydopy

• Be nice if some Irish lads supported their local teams more. Instead of wasting 1000s on flying over or sky sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Right City, time to give these Young Boys a good seeing to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Guimeiris(?) in with a potential leg breaker, only gets a warning as it was in the second minute. Shrewd.

This would be a great result for celtic. Newcastle vs Dortmund has calmed down after a crazy start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Celtic looking really, really good so far.

So a defeat is nailed on

• Advertisement

Lovely worked and finished goal by Dortmund just before half-time against Newcastle. They deserve the lead.

Advertisement