Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several unrecognized transactions (how to approach)

• 13-06-2023 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi, just want some basic info on how to approach this situation

(Please don't tell me to cancel my card, I already have it frozen on the app)

I have taken a look in detail at my bank statements and noticed up to 2,000 euro gone missing over the span of 3 months from various random places. Some to note are random GBP transactions of up to 250 euros/300 euros at a time.

Last week I noticed a random transaction of 180 euros for a french e-commerce store 'CDISCOUNT' i definitely do not recognize nor have authorized that.

Low and behold this morning someone used my card in the UK for BOLT for 145 euros. And Agoda for 400 euros which the bank refunded. I have never been to the UK. I live in UAE.

I have taken screenshots and marked out on photoshop where the unrecognized transactions are. Is there someone I can deal with directly via email in BOI to try resolve this and get these amounts refunded to me.

How can I get these screenshots to BOI and try get these refunded asap as they are not authorized by me and so I shouldn't be bearing the brunt of this.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yes I have spoken to bank about certain transactions yesterday and they refunded the 400 euros from Agoda, they must have recognized it was not me as they didn't require any proof..

Now this morning 3 more attempted BOLT transactions in the UK.

Really would like to deal with someone via email to sort this out asap if possible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭Glaceon

You really need to get your card cancelled and reissued, if your details are out there in the wild then it's the only way.

Yes that's fine and I plan to do that in the next couple of days - My question is do you think BOI will actually refund me if I didn't authorize these transactions? I read online the only reason they can refuse is if they CAN prove you authorized them - which I did not so that shouldn't be an issue..

I will be cancelling the card and re-issuing but I want to know how easy/difficult it will be to get this money back and where I can send the screenshots of the transactions I do not recognize

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please contact our colleagues in the card security team on 1800946764 from ROI or 00353567757007 if calling from abroad.

You can also email fpucardsecurity@boi.com and the team are available 24/7 where we can advise further on this.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
Advertisement