Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the mobility scheme in civil service?

• 13-06-2023 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

I wonder if somebody can explain what is the mobility scheme in the civil service. Is it restricted to certain location? Let's say if I live in County Kerry could I apply for positions in County Waterford or does that mean I need to apply within my own county?

Thank you All.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 BigElmo

You can apply for any 2 counties (including your own if you like). You can choose up to 5 departments in each county.

You can apply for mobility any time, but you can only transfer after being in your current role/location for 2 years. It is list based on a first come first served basis so if you apply early, you'll have 2 years to move up the list before being eligible. You can also hold your request, placing it on pause, so you will continue moving up but not be offered until you're ready!

Advertisement