Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement welfare allowance question

• 13-06-2023 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi guys four weeks ago I was fired from my job.

I applied for job seekers allowance via my welfare. I got it straight away and got my first payment the following week.

Unfortunately the week I was fired a major issue withe the car that cost over 500 euro to fix. Needles to say money very tight. I applied for Exceptional needs payment. Did not get help or direction from the person I was dealing with.

After three weeks I got a letter, Monday saying they needed more documents.

I have to get those documents and could add another couple weeks waiting to see if I get that payment.

So I start a new job Monday. They pay monthly and it's on the 15th Of the month. So won’t get paid till July 15th.

I spoke with the welfare officer who was a bit nicer to deal with. she said I should go for Basic Supplementary Welfare Allowance.

I brought up how long I was waiting for the emergency payment and could I do this online to speed it up. She said no.

I ask her how long it takes, she said she doesn't know. I ask how much I would get? she said she didn't know.

Has anyone applied for this? Was it a long wait? And how much would you get?

I'm very nervous at the thought of no money for the next month thanks.

Advertisement