Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talamh Beo Membership

Options
  • 14-06-2023 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Is anyone on here a member of Talamh Beo?

I became a member a few months ago but haven’t heard anything from them. Would be interested to hear if there is any newsletter or publications that they release on a monthly or annual basis. Or if anyone has any experience of getting involved in the group?

Was expecting some more material from them and info on upcoming events/projects/farm visits etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I’d heard of it but knew nothing more. Quick Google tells me it’s an EIP project, funded by EU and DAFM.

Assuming you’re not one of the 16 farm partners and paid to become a member?

I didn’t think publicly funded projects were allowed to solicit other income on the back of EU/DAFM funding.

Is this the norm for EIP projects?

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

No SS, they're a small/organic farmers and growers organisation, as part of their work they ran an EIP project, no different than the IFA have done.

They're a decent bunch, I'd say you'd fit in well 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

They'd a few events in the spring, they usually send out emails/newsletters once a month or quarter.

Make contact with them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Thanks. It looks like an EIP project on the website and so I was surprised to see them looking for other income. Best of luck to them 👍️

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

Advertisement