Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Account name

Options
  • 14-06-2023 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

When gomo had their 9.99 offer,I took out a plan to use in a mobile router abroad on holidays.coverage was poor so I passed the sim onto my teenage daughter.She's using it away happy out,but obviously the account is in my name.

Down the line am I and her, looking at issues if she needs her own mobile account for bank dealings for example.

Obviously when she's older she will be paying her own bill

Am I better off to cancel the contract now as she'll have less hassle starting off on a new number now.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I can't remember ever using my mobile account as paperwork when dealing with a bank - standard utilities like Electric Ireland, Gas, Sky etc will be enough I'd think. If you mean 2FA and as her primary contact number that won't be an issue.

I likewise have my (younger than your daughter) son on my account and plan to keep it as long as they maintain the 9.99 "for life" plan

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭POBox19

I opened a bank a/c recently and they would not accept a mobile bill as proof of address.

Advertisement