Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault Laguna 3 1.5dci 2009

Options
  • 14-06-2023 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys just need a little help my wife's car has been trowing a few warning lights on the dash one been "BREAKING SYSTEM FAULT" and other "CHECK PARKING BRAKE" car is driving perfect without any issues even tho these light have came on also speedometer and odometer have stopped working .. got it plugged in today and error code "DF017" IS SHOWING something about abs but abs light is not on and code won't clear .. brakes and parking brakes are working perfect and brake fluid is topped right up brake pads and discs are perfect it just bugging me and my mechanic as to what the issue is any help would be appreciated thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Any chance that copper grease was used on the brake pads and that’s interfering with the electronics now?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭mk7r

That's definitely not possible

Op that code relates to an internal failure of the abs module (depending on your model) you likely need to replace the abs pump but a proper diagnosis should be carried out first

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TMGalw

Had the same issue and the fault was with the ABS module. Replaced it and the fault was solved.

Cars mileage was recorded on the ABS module though so when it was replaced the mileage from the previous car was transferred to ours. Shot up over 100,000km instantly. Apparently you need to bring it to a main dealer to rewrite, my Indie was not able to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭mk7r

Depending on the module the info can be swapped but safest bet is to get one with lower mileage than your car, that way the mileage won't change (it defaults to the highest value in the system)

Advertisement