Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBI fibre slower through UDM pro router

Options
  • 14-06-2023 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Got connected today via sky and for some reason speed is slower when using my UDM pro router. Im getting 740 mb/s instead of the 1gb. When I plug in the sky router I get the full 1gb (well 960 ish which I expected. All tests wired.

Anyone know why this might be? I do rememebr reading that someone else had a similar issue, but I cant seem to find the thread to see was there a sollution.

Attached is settings I have done on the UDM pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Are you using the same speed test to generate the results? - the Unifi one is so inaccurate as it is based in London.

Also do you have Threat Protection (IDS/IDP) turned on in the UDM? Not 100% sure if that affects speed in the UDM like it does in the older USGs

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Actually the one inside unifi gives the proper speed I should be getting 900+. It's only when I go into web browser and try speedtest sites(multiple) that it drops. However it can't be wiring cause sky router with exact same wires gets 900+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I was going to say the same thing as @pizzahead77 - are you using any IDS/IPS or VPN capability on the UDM Pro?

I know the smaller Netgate firewalls I've used, will reduce the 1Gbps WAN interface speed if any of those features were turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Eleusis

Non of those features turned on, but I did find the problem.

Turns out it was a known udm pro software issue. Just needed to update the udm OS.

https://community.ui.com/questions/UDM-PRO-Slow-connection-over-PPPoE/20e4c872-8532-4e32-9db3-218e96c8cb95

Advertisement