Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the name of this 90s computer game?

Options
  • 14-06-2023 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

It was a very very basic computer game set in a nice house with some girl. The cool thing about it was that you could type commands into the pc to tell her what to do. "Go upstairs", "Go to the kitchen", Go outside to the garden". When in the garden I think there was a bee hive with angry bees? I was very young so I don't remember much more than that unfortunately but I think we only had the more common games so I'm hoping someone can help.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can only think of Granny's Garden?

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Shot in the dark but it wasn't Maniac Mansion was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Leisure Suit Larry by Sierra was a good one for the nice girls, although the original was probably late '80s rather than early '90s.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Could be one of the Laura Bow games

https://laurabow.fandom.com/wiki/Laura_Bow_(series)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭CPTM

Thanks a lot for the replies. I've had a look and the second response (Maniac Mansion) has the closest design to the game I'm thinking of but I don't think that's it. But in terms of look and design it's very similar. Maybe I should look at who made that game and see the other games they produced. I think the girl was younger, maybe a teenager, it started in a reception room and you could tell her where to go next. My only memory really is telling her to go outside and to walk towards a small garden shed, and in that shed (or around it), there was a very angry beehive that caused some commotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

If it helps with your searching, those type of games (type in instructions on what to do) were called "Adventure" games.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭Penn

We had Leisure Suit Larry and Police Quest 2 on our first computer. Played through LSL a bunch of times while being far too young to understand the majority of what was going on. Think I always ended up getting handcuffed and robbed in the Honeymoon Suite.

Never got too far in Police Quest 2, it was a bit more complicated and directionless.

Also had Granny's Garden and Rogue, which I only realised about a year or two ago when I googled what Rogue was since there were so many rogue-likes. Didn't realise I'd played it.

Advertisement