Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe the majority of families either don't get on or put on a front in public?

Options
  • 14-06-2023 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I see so many families out for dinner and they always look like they are close and see each other often and a happy family. I was speaking with a friend about this the other day, and they said this is always all for show.

My own family is far from perfect, don't see siblings much, not that overly close and I always have felt like I had to watch what I said in conversation etc. I guess I accept it now, but the discussion with a friend really got me thinking about this.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭iniscealtra

Some families do get on very well. Others don’t. Saying it’s all for show is a huge presumption and wrong in my opinion. Life is a little more complicated than that.

• Administrators Posts: 14,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hi @Uncharted2 ,

Personal Issues is an advice forum. I've moved your post to a more suitable forum for general discussion. The Ladies Lounge Charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭89897

To say its always all for show isnt correct. Some families do get on and some dont. I have a close family and I think we have a healthy family dymanic where we dont always have to agree on something but we all are great friends, love each other and we're all good people.

Advertisement