Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaking PVC elbow fittings

Options
  • 16-06-2023 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I have two PVC sink/bath waste pipe elbow fittings on an external wall that are fractured flush at the connector. The elbow fittings themselves are embedded in the wall but the cracks are in the actual downpipe (where it connects to the elbow), so it's just a case of replacing both downpipes.

But I'm not sure of the best way of removing the downpipes from inside the elbow. They won't twist out for sure as the cracks will just give way.

I'm sure it's a common problem so if it's relatively striaght forward, I don't mind trying something myself but I also don't mind paying for a plumber to do it if that's what's needed.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Advertisement