Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reolink RLN36 NVR

• 16-06-2023 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

I've been browsing reolink's different camera and doorbell offerings and I think they would work for me. In looking for a nvr I seen that the rln36 also has 8 alarm inputs and 4 outputs. I like the idea of saving on buying a separate alarm system along with the integration of cctv and alarm in the one system.

Any thoughts on the product as a whole? What more am I gaining from a dedicated alarm system?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

A dedicated alarm system, if installed professionally by a licensed company will comply with all standards. You are expecting a lot from that NVR, the biggest issue here is this, in the event of a power cut, with what you have in mind you will have no security whatsoever.

As i said previously, with a professionally installed Intruder Alarm System, you will have battery back up and that is just a basic requirement.

Advertisement