Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noise cancelling

Options
  • 16-06-2023 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭

Looking for advice please. I work in an open area and I find it very hard to concentrate with the noise around me.

Is there any kind of discreet earphone /headset or something I can get please to block out the noise of conversations etc?

I don't want to play music, I just need silence to get any work done.

Thanks

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

Think it’s a health and safety violation to use noise cancelling in both ears in work

it’s not a silly one either a friend of mine had to kick in a guys door and drag him out of his burning house as he was unaware

• Registered Users Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭plodder

I sometimes use recordings of soothing sounds like water flowing, or even white/pink noise tracks played on your phone on repeat. You can download them for free.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from current affairs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Not against health and safety legislation. I mean, deaf people are allowed to work.

There would have to be some accommodation made though, such as having a flashing light that the employee could see instead of relying on them hearing the fire alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

The fire alarm is right beside my desk so there is zero chance that I wont hear it, thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement