Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Eir waiting periods?

Options
  • 17-06-2023 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi Folks,

Received keys for a house in a new development a couple of weeks ago. I got onto the developer regarding current status of internet and got this response from them:

Open Eir have all the necessary Cabling in place on Site for the past Three Weeks at this stage. We have been in touch with Open Eir and they have said there is a waiting period before they can take their next step. 

They have told us to refer you to the ''Comred'', Website for further details.

I'm assuming that they mean Comreg rather than Comred - but what am I even supposed to look for on the comreg website?!

Anyone know anything about these 'waiting periods' before they can take the next step? Is this actually a thing or are they chatting complete sh*te?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭jd

Openeir notify the retail operators when premises are ready to be connected. To be fair to different operators there is a delay (of four weeks I think) before openeir will accept orders for a site

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

could be more than that.. My estate is fully wired up according to the KN guys who showed me the cabling as well. And this has been done since Feb/Mar...still waiting for it to show up online..one thing is there is about 15 new houses being built across the road..shouldn't be too much longer but it wouldn't surprise me if they waited until they were fully complete and the road put down before turning it on for the estate.

and there's something wrong with the open eir site as today its telling me i don't have any fibre at my estate or that its included in ftth...i must be running my internet on bean cans and a string then.

Ah its broken...reports it for every address in different locations as well. Probably doing maintenance.

Advertisement