Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bushnell V6 Shift Rangefinder.

• 17-06-2023 8:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Has anybody used one of the shift rangefinders. They give distances that take slope into account.

As they are illegal in competition would there be much point in paying the extra for the shift version. They are about €100 more expensive than the non slope version.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Plenty of cheaper brands out there that offer slope adjustments too. You can still use the rangefinder in competitions as long as you have the slope feature switched off for the round.

I don't have one myself but I do plan on getting one. Handy to have the feature on in general play rounds for a little bit of extra help. Then when playing in a comp with the feature switched off, at least you'll have an idea of what 10 yards uphill, for example, looks like - having seen it during general play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

That's an interesting one re allowing slope to be used for general play rounds.

I wonder is there clarity around the legality of that given its being used for handicap qualifying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭paulos53

Any round submitted for handicap purposes must follow the rules of golf. It is fairly clear in the rules that measuring elevation changes is not allowed.

There is no problem in playing a casual round (not submitted for handicap) and taking note of those elevation changes for future reference in a competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Yeah as far as I'm aware you're not supposed to use it if submitting the card for handicap purposes. I probably should have said you can use it in a casual or practice round, rather than general play.

But to be fair, I'd imagine the majority of people don't adhere to that rule and submit the cards for handicap anyway.

Advertisement