Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobpath PPP Mandatory in 2023?

• 17-06-2023 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6

Hey lads,

Supposed to be starting up college in September, hopefully on BTEA but been assigned to Turas Nua with my first meeting this week. I'm seeing conflicting information on whether or not you can be sanctioned for refusing to sign the Personal Progression Plan with them, does anyone know whether this is the case or not?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,014 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Not sure why you've been assigned to Turas Nua 🤔

Jobs path is finished, there's the new Pathways to work scheme which replaced Jobs path and Turas Nua not involved in this, in fact Turas Nua, essentially no longer in operation.

Seetac & larger Intero centres managing Pathways to work I believe.

In relation to your specific questions.

If your on a Jobseekers payment, regardless of your plans, you will be chosen for Pathways to work.

Re the PPP, there is no legal obligation to sign this, however this will mean you'll get extra attention. There's a number of threads on this matter throughout the forum.

Engage you must however.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 fiddledeedeehoho

Thanks for the response. From what I can gather, jobpath has essentially been replaced only in name and people are still being referred to Turas Nua, they're just now calling it the "National Employment Service". Not sure how much it differs from the original jobpath.

What kind of extra attention do you mean? I am quite hesitant to sign anything with them as I'm going to college in September and I don't want to end up stuck with them, especially if it might affect my BTEA claim.

I'm afraid your intention to go to college in September needs to be parked to one side.

You are a Jobseeker in the departments eyes hence your being referred to pathways. By refusing to sign the PPP, which is your right, that can be construed as you not engaging. In essence, without signing a PPP can't be put in place & what the consequences are as a result, no one can say.

Your BTEA application is an entirely seperate issue. Whilst on Pathways, you will be contacted weekly and will be expected to apply for jobs, complete tasks, prepare resumes etc even if you don't sign the PPP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Well said and explained Dempo.

So often I’ve said that as part of the applying for Jobseekers process each applicant should have to attend, either as part of a group or individually a short explanatory presentation about the conditions for Jobseekers.

It might save some of the confusion that ensues later on.

Thank you 😊.

I don't like to be to tough in my responses but people need to understand the DSP have processes in place ,they are in the Main very fair and a person's intentions , plans etc are irrelevant, they assess the hear & Now and if a person is on a Jobseekers payment, that's how they are assessed, not what they might apply for in a few months time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement