Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Heater got some plaster and dust caught behind it

Options
  • 18-06-2023 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭

I was drilling some drywall recently and unfortunately a lot of the dust and plaster fell onto and between the gaps in my electric heater which is situated just below my television. When i switched it on it wouldnt work and then i noticed the plaster sitting behind the heater and on the wires so i hoovered up as much as i could but i can only stick the nozzle in so far so there is still a lot of dust back there.

Thing is, the second time i switched it on there was a funny smell for a minute or two but it worked fine then. But im worried that if i just use it as normal i could be damaging or overheating the internal parts and this will be dangerous and cause a fire.

Is it best to get it taken out and serviced/get all the plaster hoovered out before using it again? Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Id assume it's possible to remove most covers wouldn't it be the last thing fitted

Storage heaters were designed to be disassembled .The newer heaters farho etc and panel heaters you wouldn't get any instructions on that , no need in general use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Thanks for reply. I wouldnt be confident removing it in case of damage so ill reach out to an electrician to remove it and then the dust can be hoovered off.

Advertisement