Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steeltown Murders

• 18-06-2023 5:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

I tend to record every series I'm interested in and watch it weeks after it's ended, probably not the best thing to do. I was riveted to Steeltown Murders, dreadful case, but brilliant series and actors. However, I was left a tad confused by the last 10 minutes or so. Hubby wasn't interested in it so didn't watch it, but I asked him to watch the last ten minutes of the recording having told him the lead up to it, and he said there was nothing to explain. Perhaps everyone else was happy with it, maybe it's just me. I felt the editing left a little to be desired, rushed, needed more clarity.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Which bit were you confused about?

It was a good series but I found the jumping between the 70s and 00s with different actors playing the characters a bit annoying at times.

Kappen was one evil person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

The last scene in the car after the detectives had relayed the 'good news' to the parents. To be honest, I got the impression that they had pretended that the DNA had confirmed Kappan. I wanted to see the detective actually receiving the news verbally, but he was called to the telephone and then it immediately switched to them pulling up outside the parents' home. That would have been a great moment for the detective after his 30 years of suspecting the guy.

Advertisement