Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebel Moon - Netflix - Zack Snyder

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Wooh, more slow motion seed scattering

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭Patser

Now with added wheat growing in real time and then slowed down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sweet merciful lord…

Didn't he have absolute creative freedom first time around? WTF does he have up his sleeve for a Director's Cut (excluding the obvious gems listed above).

Heard he had to keep the age rating down, as Netflix wanted a Star Wars rival that could catch the imagination of kids too.

Rumours are he wanted it much more gritty, and that his cut will have more blood, injuries, cursing etc

Edit:

Here you go, Snyder Cut has R rating given for "brutal bloody violence and gore, sexual content, graphic nudity, and language"

https://www.gamesradar.com/rebel-moon-directors-cut-update-new-title-rating/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And the weird thing with even having any kind of PG version is that even if they stripped out all the blood and violence, the (first) film's Inciting Incident was an attempted rape of a teenage(?) girl. It wasn't even subtle in the PG version so why they even bothered in the first place is beyond me. Rape is OK, but nonono, can't have blood in our film.

Unless, Netflix rather cynically saw the hubbub caused over the "Synder Cut" of Justice League and thought they could manufacture that hysteria once more?

Maybe the new cut won't be 'attempted' rape - that would raise the stakes, and give more reason to Kora's decision to intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

It does seem to be Snyder's go-to idea…

God I really can't think of a more manufactured and self-indulgent plan than releasing director's cuts of movies you had full creative control of, total marketing gimmick that he just can't seem to get away from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not sure there's that much distinction between attempted rape and actual rape that'd somehow "raise the stakes" beyond what was already a pretty asinine, gross & tedious cliché in the first place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Snyder has had full creative control on several films now and, surprise surprise, has yet to turn in a widely-appreciated masterpiece. Indeed, the ones that go 'full Snyder' are arguably the worst in his ouvere - and I don't particularly like any of his films.

The truth is not that he's some visionary hamstrung by the demands of commercial filmmaking. Yes, Justice League was a mess of a production, but he's also been given a lot more opportunities to do his own thing on massive budgets than most filmmakers get - and he's consistently made adolescent drivel with those opportunities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

@johnny_ultimate if I had my way, Snyder wouldn't be allowed to make another film until he'd attended a remedial film-making class taught by someone like Steven Soderbergh - ideally with the teacher allowed to beat him around the head with a copy of Bobbie Steen's Cut To The Chase until he pays attention.

This "director's cut" is the most cynical bit of marketing my opinion of Netflix dropped from what was an already low point.

Why is Synder so revered though? Like, genuinely it kinda baffles me: he's not the only director of his ilk but for some reason there's a noisy cohort of … I dunno, film-bros who think he's god's gift. The only director to match the zealotry would be Christopher Nolan but there you can see why Nolan attracts the groupies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭amacca

I wonder if we made a pitch to the netflix folk with a solid way to monetise such a spectacle would they make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Directors cut drops August 2nd for those of you brave enough to sit through it

Red Band trailer

Who exactly has fallen for this? I remain perplexed over who actually likes Synder's and why - cos I've yet to meet anyone - but to that I've added my bafflement this tactic is being persisted. Maybe it's a contractual obligation.

The trailer couldn't have been more pathetically adolescent if it tried. I can only laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Ah geez, he's even giving his director cuts' new titles, as if the original titles weren't ChatGPT'd enough.

"A Child of Fire" becomes "Chalice Of Blood"

"The Scargiver" becomes "Curse of Forgiveness"

The only cut I want is the one where he has to explain and justify every single aspect of that assassination scene in Part 2.

For any masochists out there, the "Director's Cuts" are out today.

Advertisement