Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No hard feelings

Options
  • 18-06-2023 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

This one looks like a bit of an odd career choice for Jennifer Lawrence...but the same director as Good Boys which had some laughs so who knows.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It kinda looks like JLaw playing herself dirty ditzy self 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Please don't say she is going to end up like Jennifer Aniston, straight to bargain bin dvd rom comes.

Wasn't she nominated for an Oscar at one point?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

After Silver Linings Playbook The Hunger Games franchise and The X-Men films she's got enough money to be able to do films like this and not give a damn what anyone thinks.

Jennifer Aniston will always be a star for Office Space We're the Millers and Horrible Bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

She won best supporting actress Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Looks terrible i wont sugar coat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Steaming pile of dogshìt

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

No chance of that any time soon I'd say.

She only recently had the fairly heavy 'Causeway' (emotionally scarred brain injury Afghanistan ptsd character), and has a few more serious things in production (a Lynne Ramsey movie playing a single mother having a psychotic breakdown, and a Paolo Sorrentino biopic of Sue Mengers, a famous film agent), so i can understand the desire to take a little break to do something that's more simple and fun to work on (which also pays a whole bunch of money), even if it's nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭RickBlaine

She has a full frontal nude scene in this movie. Surprised that isn't referenced in the trailer at all. Sex sells and all that.

The movie looks absolutely rubbish. Maybe she just wants to do simple breezy roles that aren't too taxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Just a bad movie, not a gross out comedy, not a rom com, just bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JLaw is a best actress Oscar winner and multiple nominee

I think she is just changing up her role picks, genres etc.,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Honestly a brave choice for J Law, and fair play. You can pretend you're a movie star by only choosing massive IP that would succeed with or without you (cough Chris Pratt) or you can really put yourself out there with an original idea in a currently unfashionable genre (rom-com). No idea if the movie is any use though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've only watched the trailer - and find the premise sketchy as F, hey-ho - but been impressed with what I've seen of Lawrence; she seems perfectly adept at comedy and a bit of a natural performer. Just a shame Hollywood doesn't really write comedies anymore. Except for Game Night, which was awesome but absolutely nobody watched IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Game night was excellent and made decent if not amazing money.

Good boys (same director as No Hard Feelings) was really good fun too if you are looking for a recent-ish comedy. Booksmart, Blockers too, but I agree few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So, I ended up seeing this tonight. The first 30 minutes or so were a bit rough going... but, y'know what? it kinda grew on me after that. Not actually that bad.

It's like Mark Jenkin's Bait, crossed with Failure to Launch, written by a horny - but reasonably bright - teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I watched this the other night and I really enjoyed it. Not as funny as the trailer made out but it was a nice story (despite the premise) and for some reason I loved the scene with the main guy singing when playing the piano.

Advertisement