Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCC Rent and means adjustment up 85% + tax GDPR query.

Options
  • 18-06-2023 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

I have the pleasure of graduating 5 years ago and I also live with my mother in a DCC rented house, my family home.

So I have worked well for the past 5 years and consistently saving to get onto the property ladder but unfortunately unless I enjoy Sligo/Roscommon, Leinster is way away.

So issue is my rent is means tested and I always submit documents when requested from DCC but my rent has had an increase of 85%, so myself and my 75 year old mother were paying 100 per week and it is now 185 per week which I know is lucky but this home is well dilapidated and in need of refurb.

My main issue is DCC seem to have full access to my tax records and made it clear that they had them on hand even though the requested them from myself.

I believe this is not kosher and am curious how they have access and are they allowed GDPR.

I can understand they have LPT access or Motor Tax access, but I am not a home owner and technically a sub tenant to my mother.

Any advice or input appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement