Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kraven The Hunter - Sony's Spider-Man Universe (SSU)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,953 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Could be fun looks pretty bloody (R rated in US seemingly)

Russell Crowe with another errr.... let's say interesting accent

• Registered Users Posts: 29,131 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well Wanda's gonna be confused if she travels to that world.

So was it a radioactive lion?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That guys nose!!! 😨

Well, that's a change up in the feel of the Universe. Less comedic feeling that Venom.

Could see Aaron Taylor-Johnson just bursting for a role like this during Bullet Train.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

"Sony Marvel Universe" sounds so lame; just admit all you have are the Spidey villains Sony, stop trying to look so big and expansive. Still chuckle when i think on their attempt to "capitalise" on what they believed was social-media goodwill for Morbius, with that re-release.

Russell Crowe truly indulging in some prime ham these days. "Can I do an accent?" appears to be his primary question when shopping for new roles ATM? Movie itself looks deeply whatever; suppose were this the late 90s a standalone film of this ilk might seem interesting?

I'm holding out for the spin-off film for alpha Spidey villain, Kite-Man 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, Kraven was definitely third on my list of "Spider-Man villains who if they got their own movie where they're shoe-horned into being an 'anti-hero', I still wouldn't care"

Crazy that even a few years ago before Into the Spiderverse, they could have decided to do a live-action Miles Morales Spider-Man film, and instead went "Nah.... how about Jared Leto as Morbius instead?"

• Advertisement

*Push glasses up*

Actually, Kite-Man is DC. Appears on in the Harley Quinn animated series. Hell Yeah. 😛

So will we get to see Kraven's friend, Squirrel Girl, though Sony don't have the rights to her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Shoot, oh yeah you're right. Who am I thinking of them? Hmmm ok, then let's say ... Big Wheel instead 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Jesus, that trailer really gives too much away, it even looks like it shows a bit of an after credits scene haha, wtf..

I was excited when i heard they were working on a Kraven movie, but it looks like they pussied out and made him more of a good guy/hero 🤮😭

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

couldn't really think of what else to call it. Actually, it's called the Sony Spider-Man universe (SSU)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,695 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kick Ass a more intense grown up 😄

Is Aaron also in the running for James Bond?

• Advertisement

August 2024 now release

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Is there a thread set up for this? I searched.

Anyway

Kraven the Hunter is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character of the same name. Produced by Columbia Pictures in association with Marvel Entertainment, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing, it is intended to be the sixth film in Sony's Spider-Man Universe (SSU). The film was directed by J. C. Chandor with a screenplay by Richard Wenk, Art Marcum and Matt Holloway, from a story by Wenk. It stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson in the title role alongside Ariana DeBose, Russell Crowe, Fred Hechinger, Christopher Abbott and Alessandro Nivola.

Post edited by johnny_ultimate on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

great... Mods delete please

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 60,696 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Release now pushed till December.

Sony believe it is so good people will go back and see it over and over on the Christmas hoildays.

Kraven moved to Christmas because we’re excited about it and Christmas is the best release period there is, when you get people with time to go back to the movies over and over again. That was a real reflection of how the studio felt about the movie. We’re really excited. But that’s a great move that reflects just the feeling about the movie.

its a good idea to avoid the new Alien Movie, The Crow, New Transformers and Beetlejuice Beetlejuice

This is the same studio that rereleased Morbius because they thought people wanted to see it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,715 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I do have some small hope for this one alright though - a far more interesting standalone character than the likes of Morbius, solid cast, and there's much better pedigree behind the creative too. Chandor's a proper director - Margin Call, A Most Violent Year, and All Is Lost all properly decent to excellent movies. And some solid action writers on it too, including the lads who wrote the first iron man.

I wonder are they waiting for Johnson's likely Bond announcement

• Advertisement
Advertisement