Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Advice here

Options
  • 19-06-2023 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭

Hey

so I've been looking for a springer spaniel past few months (adult) for a family pet no hunting or any of that stuff , reason being we had them years ago when i was a kid and always loved them , now i've been in contact with the local welfare place they had 2 I was emailing back and forth but when I rang they had been reserved already (very annoyed at this) despite sending proof of address and all sorts in to them

Then last week this lovely springer strayed into me , myself and my other half fed her and gave her water , the local kids we asked weren't 100% sure where he had come from but thought the further up estate in the village , so we left her go follow them back up , she came back next night same thing happened

Anyway to cut a long story short some one else found her 2 days later and brought her into the local pound , then I assumed she wasn't owned so I rang the pound to find out could I get her to which I was informed by law I'd to wait 5 days for the original owners turn up, the 5 days will be up tomorrow when he told me to ring back , now i've seen on one of the million facebook posts that are shared around that the owners do in fact live up the road from me and are looking for her back .....I can't say it but not very nice people , now i've never seen them in my estate or rarely ever , so now i'm in a quandry if i ring tomorrow and the dog isn't claimed , do i go in and get her and wait for a knock to come at my door and these are people you don't want knocking at your door. and alot of the kids go between both estates so if they actually looked for the dog i don't think it would be long before she was seen outside my house playing ball or whatever

I feel awful then because the poor dog was pure skinny and I don't know what to do now , I'm possibly being paranoid I don't know, I've even looked around neighbouring shelters and no springers anywhere and I don't want a puppy

Advertisement